Our mission is to support our nation’s cherished veterans by providing them with uplifting letters and the opportunity to form meaningful relationships. Our veteran participants possess a wide variety of military experiences - they come from all service branches, job specialities, and time periods. Your participation, even if just one letter, will mean the world to your veteran.
A simple letter is an act of kindness.
It’s a Military Life’s Veteran Pen Pal Project is a year-round, nationwide project centered around a simple act of kindness – sending a letter of gratitude to our nation’s heroes!
The Veteran Pen Pal Project connects veteran communities such as veteran centers, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, and VA hospitals with pen pals around the world.
- Connect with United States veterans from all over the country
- Be a positive light to veterans who feel forgotten or isolated
- Support the efforts of various veteran communities that the VPPP partners with
- Learn about a veteran’s experience during a certain time in our nation’s history
- Connect with a veteran of the same branch or conflict as you, your spouse, or a family member
- The Veteran Pen Pals can provide mentorship to a new generation of service members
- Students can practice letter-writing and many more!
Want To Do More?
You can help spread the word about the VPPP, assist us in connecting with additional veteran communities, or donate when applicable.
Support Our Mission!
Veteran Pen Pal Gear -All proceeds from each purchase go towards stamps, stationery supplies, and shipping costs for the Stationery Kits we provide to veterans in need
VPPP - GoFundMe - All donations go towards stamps, stationery supplies, and shipping costs for the Stationery Kids.
Amazon Wish List - Donate stationery supplies for veterans in need Post a photo of you with your flare in our Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/veteranpenpalproject so we can thank you for supporting our mission.
Support IML on Amazon!
Operation Holiday Salute
ABOUT OUR FOUNDER
The Veteran Pen Pal Project was founded by Christina Etchberger, Army spouse, boy mom, and founder of It’s a Military Life. It’s a Military Life (link) is a military spouse and veteran networking community that provides resources, tools, and support to all members of the military community.
Christina is also a GivingTuesdayMilitary ambassador. She is very excited to have Veteran Pen Pal Project as her GTM project year round. Feel free to contact her below for more information.
Learn more about It's a Military Life here!