It's a Military Child Life is a community that recognizes, celebrates and supports our military children and teens.
To address the needs of our military children and teens providing valuable resources; to foster meaningful social connection through programs that support the experiences of military children and teens everywhere; and to cheer them on in their unique journey.
IMCL & VPPP
Military Children and teens are spreading kindness, one letter at a time.
Join us for the 4th annual Operation Holiday Salute, hosted by @Veteran Last Patrol! Some Veterans are celebrating their last holiday this year. We want to make it memorable for them. Do you want to help? ❤
Operation Holiday Salute collects cards from people all across the nation and delivers them to veterans in hospice. Last year, we collected nearly 50,000 cards. This year, our goal is to collect 60,000.
You can be a part of this effort! VPPP poster
1. Go to our Linktree
2. Click on VPPP Letter Writing Templates
3. Select the template of your choice
4. Print out the template
5. Write letter to a Veteran
Send letters to:
Veteran Pen Pal Project
Tiverton, RI 02878
Military Kid Ambassador
Military Family Sponsorship
It’s a Military Child Life program will be sponsoring a family each quarter because we are all about taking care of our own during life changing events and the everyday.
Meet Marse with her husband Rashad. Marse is a veteran spouse that has two adorable young boys and a sweet baby girl, and has been through a lot these past few months.
Her loving mother passed away last month, and is currently dealing with heart failure while also experiencing the aftermath of Hurricane Ian with her family in Florida.
Please consider donating to support this wonderful family.
For military children and families advocacy, homeschooling, learning activities, Giveaways, Q&A Days, Resources, Guest Contributors, Activities for Kids and Teens, Open Conversations, and so much more!
A growing learning community for all military children!
Spotlight in person and virtual communities that are great resources for military children and their families.
This includes read alouds with some of our favorite children's authors at IMCL Books page!
Help connect families together through our private Facebook Group and our Instagram Platform.
We will provide helpful resources from our platform, as well as other groups, to grow as a community by sharing our experiences.
Sharing homeschool and learning ideas and activities for all ages that are fun and engaging. Go to our Homeschool Page and our Linktree to learn more!
Military Homeschool | Time4Learning.
Home School Legal Defense Association - HSLDA Making Homeschooling Possible
Resources for Military Families
Department of Defense Education
Home-School Students | DoDEA
Free Special Education Advocacy Curriculum
EFMP + Special Needs
EFMP + Special Needs
Military Special Needs Network
Military Child Education Information
Military Parent Technical Assistant Center
Military Parent Technical Assistance Center
Disabled Military Child Protection Act Policy
Disabled Military Child Protection Act Policy Issued | SNA.
National Military Family Association
Military One Source
Sesame Street for Military Families
Grace of a Military Child Podcast- giveaway (posted on IMCL private group)
Grace of a Military Child
United Through Reading (App)
United Through Reading
More Helpful Links
- Tutors for military children & their families - No-Cost, Online Tutoring and Homework Help, 24/7 Tutors for Military Children
- Tutor - We provide encouraging, empowering, and effective academic and professional support for learners of all ages and stages—from kindergarten through college, graduate school, career, and continuing education. Tutor.com
- Free Special Education Advocacy Curriculum - We Can Help Parents of eligible military-connected children with disabilities can apply to access a free, special education curriculum that will empower them to be their child’s best advocate. The curriculum is produced by the Arc, a national, community-based organization that advocates for people with disabilities. Free special education curriculum
- School Liaison Program -Serves as the primary point of contact for school-related matters, Represents, informs, and assists Command, Assists military families with educational issues, Coordinates with local school systems, Forges partnerships between the military, community and schools. School Liaisons are located at each installation to provide information as well as build partnerships with the civilian and military community to help address common education challenges of military families. School Liaison Program
- Operation Purple Camp- In-person and virtual Summer camp
Operation Purple Camp - National Military Family Association
Military Interstate Children’s Compact Mission
- Thrive - The Thrive Initiative seeks to harness parents’ potential for fostering holistic, community youth development and resiliency throughout childhood and adolescence by focusing on practices and strategies that help to nurture the parent-child relationship and foster positive child development outcomes. Thrive
- BLOOM - Bloom is the place you can find comfort and advice about everything military kid related: from moving tips to the top things to do at your duty station. Bloom
- Military Child Education Coalition - Every military connected child is college, work and life ready. MCEC supports all military-connected children by educating, advocating, and collaborating to resolve education challenges associated with the military lifestyle. Military Child Education Coalition
- Military Homeschool Podcast - To bring you the best Christian, homeschool speakers who will inform, inspire and encourage listeners around the world with their podcasts. Military Homeschool Podcast
- Military Kids Connect - Military Kids Connect is an online community for military children ages 6-17, and provides access to age-appropriate resources to support children dealing with the unique psychological challenges of military life. Military kids connect
- Letter-writing templates for our Veteran Pen Pal Project- Download
- We Care Program
- IMCL & Veteran Pen Pal Project
Reunion Elementary School
11021 Landmark Dr, Commerce City, CO 80022
4th Grade Students: 125 students
Buffalo Point Elementary
1924 South Doral Drive Syracuse, UT 84075
5th Grade Students: 145 students
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Free PCS Travel Activities
More Free Printables
Sign up for our email list to receive posts directly to your inbox!
Thanks for joining our IML community.