Recipe By: Jerome Amos, IML Recipe Contributor
Have you tried this recipe out yet? Share below to let us know how it went. Enjoy!
4 tbsp unsalted butter
4 tbsp honey
1tbsp large sea salt
2 stick (16 tbsp)of frozen unsalted butter
1 tsp Sugar
1 TBSP Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
2 1/2 cups Flour
Sour cream 1 cup
1/4 cup of very Cold water
3 TBSP Cisco vegetable shortening at room temperature
- Mix dry ingredients together. Sugar, salt, bakingSoda, baking powder, and flour in a larger bowl.
- Using a large opening grader, grade butter into tiny, frozen pellets.
- Add to dry mixture. You should be able to see the pellets of butter in the dry mixture.
- Add vegetable shorting, sour cream and ice cold water to mixture.
- Roll dough to 1/2 height and fold into 1/3 on top of itself.
- Repeat above 6 times. Wrap dough in plastic wrap.
- Return mixture to freezer for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured area, Roll dough to 1/2 thick.
- Cut biscuit shape from dough. Place on baking sheet pan. Space each biscuit with a 1/2 space between each biscuit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the tops are nicely brown.
- Glaze each top with honey butter glaze and apply sea salt.
- Add second glaze coating just before serving. Serve hot to warm.
Find more recipes from Jerome Amos at the links below:
Find Jerome on his YouTube channel at: BFAM Cooking
Checkout his social and cooking info here!
His wife’s site is: savoryscrapbook.com with her YouTube channel here!